Reopening from the 12th April
At Chimera Climbing, we take the health and safety of our customers and staff extremely seriously. Please do rest assured that we have put in place appropriate COVID security measures to keep you and your family as safe as possible whilst visiting the centre. We are strictly adhering to the Governmental guidelines and complying with the stringent advice of the ABC and BMC.
Although we cannot guarantee that the surfaces you come into contact with at Chimera will have been disinfected, we can guarantee that you will have plenty of opportunity to disinfect your own hands using the various sanitisers around the centre.Click To Book A Session! @ TUNBRIDGE WELLSClick To Book A Session! @ CANTERBURY
To maintain a safe capacity limit and to ensure adherence to social distancing restrictions, we have elected to adopt a time-limited session that can be pre-booked online.
1. What you need to know:
- You must stick to Government Regulations and hyperlink Government regulations to (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do#april-whats-changed)
- To avoid disappointment, you should book a session online through Toplogger.
- Climbing sessions are limited to 2-hours (if we are operating at capacity).
- Climbers can only book 1 session per person per day.
- Monthly passes and Hits will be re-activated from opening.
- You must check-in on arrival and check-out when leaving.
- Standard prices apply.
- Junior climbers (U16s) must be actively supervised by a registered climbing adult (1:1). (Unless registered as an Unsupervised Climber)
- Junior time restrictions apply (Weekdays: 10:00-18:00. Weekends: (9:00-14:00 Tunbridge Wells) (8:00-14:00 Canterbury))
- Climbers must maintain social distancing.
- Liquid chalk only. (Canterbury)
- Liquid chalk + chalk balls with a small standard chalk bag only, no boulder buckets. (Tunbridge Wells)
- Turn-up at the centre ready to climb.
- Adults can book private lessons, but group lessons are unable to take place until the next phase of lockdown easing
- Face coverings must be worn at all time unless you're actively climbing, eating or drinking.
2. What we have done to keep customers and staff safe:
- Imposed strict capacity limits.
- Deep-clean throughout the centre.
- Safety screens on reception.
- Marked safe zones on matting and reception.
- Hand sanitisers throughout the centre.
- New cleaning schedule.
- Covid-compliance staff-training.
3. Clubs and Squads
- CHIMERA TEAM & CLUB SESSIONS (UNDER 18s) WILL RESUME AS NORMAL. PLEASE EMAIL INFO@CHIMERACLIMBING.COM FOR DETAILS.
- KENT & SUSSEX CLIMBING SESSIONS (UNDER 18s) WILL RESUME IN TUNBRIDGE WELLS AS NORMAL. PLEASE EMAIL HUS@KSCLIMBING.CO.UK FOR DETAILS.
- FOLLOWING CHECK-IN, PARENTS OF CHILDREN ATTENDING CLUB SESSIONS CANNOT STAY IN THE BUILDING FOR THE DURATION OF THE SESSION.
Each Centre has a strict COVID-capacity limit. If you turn up at the centre without pre-booking, you may well find that we are already at capacity, in which case you will be refused entry.
You can avoid disappointment by booking online here.Click To Book A Session! @ TUNBRIDGE WELLSClick To Book A Session! @ CANTERBURY
No payment is required to make a booking.
As well as allowing you to book your climbing session, the new TopLogger app will also allow you to log your ascents and keep track of your climbing record and compare yourself (in a friendly way of course) to your mates. You can also keep up to date with the new blocs as they are set, grade each climb that you send, and most importantly leave setting reviews.
We are looking forward to seeing you all crushing in the centre again soon.
Chris, Andre & The Chimera Team