After nearly four months of waiting, we finally have a reopening date!
We are elated to announce that from 25th of July we will once again be opening our doors to climbers.
At Chimera Climbing we take the health and safety of our customers and staff extremely seriously. Please do rest assured that we have put in place appropriate COVID security measures to keep you and your family as safe as possible whilst visiting the centre. We are strictly adhering to the Governmental guidelines and complying with the stringent advice of the ABC and BMC.
Although we cannot guarantee that the surfaces you come into contact with at Chimera will have been disinfected, we can guarantee that you will have plenty of opportunity to disinfect your own hands using the various sanitisers around the centre.
In order to maintain a safe capacity limit and to ensure adherence to social distancing restrictions, we have elected to adopt a time-limited session that can be pre-booked online.Click To Book A Session! @ TUNBRIDGE WELLSClick To Book A Session! @ CANTERBURY
1. What you need to know:
- In order to avoid disappointment you should book a session online through Toplogger.
- Climbing sessions are limited to 2-hours, if we are operating at capacity.
- Climbers can only book 1 session per person per day.
- Monthly passes and Hits will be re-activated from opening.
- You must check-in on arrival and check-out when leaving.
- Standard prices apply.
- Junior climbers (U16s) must be actively supervised by a registered climbing adult (1:1). *
- Junior time restrictions apply (Weekdays 10:00-18:00. Weekends 10:00-14:00).
- Climbers must maintain social distancing.
- Liquid chalk only.
- Turn-up at the centre ready to climb.
- Adult classes coming soon.
- Face coverings are welcome, but please take them home.
* Unless registered as an Unsupervised Climber.
2. What we have done to keep customers and staff safe:
- Imposed strict capacity limits.
- Deep-clean throughout the centre.
- Complete strip, wash and reset.
- Safety screens on reception.
- Marked safe zones on matting and reception.
- Hand sanitisers throughout.
- New cleaning schedule.
- Covid-compliance staff-training.
3. Clubs and Squads
- Chimera Team & Club sessions will resume in Tunbridge Wells at weekends and weekday morning. Timings to be confirmed. Please email email@example.com for details.
- Kent & Sussex Climbing sessions will resume in Tunbridge Wells at weekends. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Following check-in, parents of children attending club sessions cannot stay in the building for the duration of the session. Additional outdoor seating has been added to accommodate parents who wish to stay.
- The date for the resumption of Canterbury club sessions is yet to be confirmed.
Each Centre has a strict COVID-capacity limit. If you turn up at the centre without pre-booking, you may well find that we are already at capacity, in which case you will be refused entry.
You can avoid disappointment by booking online here.Click To Book A Session! @ TUNBRIDGE WELLSClick To Book A Session! @ CANTERBURY
No payment is required to make a booking.
As well as allowing you to book your climbing session, the new Toplogger app will also allow you to log your ascents and keep track of yours and your friends’ climbing performance. It will keep you up to date with the new blocs as they are set, allow you to grade each climb that you send, and most importantly to leave setting reviews!
If the lockdown has driven you up the wall and round the bend, then come down to Chimera and climb up ours instead!
We are looking forward to seeing you all crushing in the centre again soon.
Chris, Andre & The Chimera Team